Available in versions: Dev (3.19) | Latest (3.18) | 3.17 | 3.16 | 3.15 | 3.14 | 3.13 | 3.12 | 3.11 | 3.10 | 3.9
Database meta data
Applies to ✅ Open Source Edition ✅ Express Edition ✅ Professional Edition ✅ Enterprise Edition
Not only the code generator, but also the runtime library offers a way to access database meta data. This API is made available as
org.jooq.Meta, and it has several implementations, out of the box:
- A JDBC backed implementation querying
- A DDL interpreter backed implementation that parses and interprets a set of DDL scripts
- An XML backed implementation (implementing https://www.jooq.org/xsd/jooq-meta-3.12.0.xsd)
- A generated code backed implementation.
The following sections document each one of the above.
Table of contents
- JDBC meta data
- Interpreted meta data (new)
- XML meta data
- Generated meta data (new)
|previous : next|
Do you have any feedback about this page? We'd love to hear it!