Applies to ✅ Open Source Edition ✅ Express Edition ✅ Professional Edition ✅ Enterprise Edition
While optional, source code generation is one of jOOQ's main assets if you wish to increase developer productivity. jOOQ's code generator takes your database schema and reverse-engineers it into a set of Java classes modelling tables, records, sequences, POJOs, DAOs, stored procedures, user-defined types and many more.
The essential ideas behind source code generation are these:
- Increased IDE support: Type your Java code directly against your database schema, with all type information available
- Type-safety: When your database schema changes, your generated code will change as well. Removing columns will lead to compilation errors, which you can detect early.
The following chapters will show how to configure the code generator and how to generate various artefacts.
- Configuration and setup of the generator
- Advanced generator configuration
- Generated global artefacts
- Generated tables
- Generated records
- Generated POJOs
- Generated Interfaces
- Generated DAOs
- Generated sequences
- Generated procedures
- Generated UDTs
- Master data and enumeration tables
- Custom data types and type conversion
- Mapping generated schemata and tables
|The jOOQ User Manual : Code generation||previous : next|