|The jOOQ User Manual. Multiple Pages : SQL building : Column expressions : Date and time functions||previous : next|
Date and time functions
Available in ✅ Open Source Edition ✅ Express Edition ✅ Professional Edition ✅ Enterprise Edition
This is a list of date and time functions supported by jOOQ's Factory:
- CURRENT_DATE: Get current date as a DATE object.
- CURRENT_TIME: Get current time as a TIME object.
- CURRENT_TIMESTAMP: Get current date as a TIMESTAMP object.
- DATE_ADD: Add a number of days or an interval to a date.
- DATE_DIFF: Get the difference in days between two dates.
- TIMESTAMP_ADD: Add a number of days or an interval to a timestamp.
- TIMESTAMP_DIFF: Get the difference as an INTERVAL DAY TO SECOND between two dates.
jOOQ fills a gap opened by JDBC, which neglects an important SQL data type as defined by the SQL standards: INTERVAL types. See the manual's section about INTERVAL data types for more details.