Available in versions: Dev (3.19) | Latest (3.18) | 3.17 | 3.16 | 3.15 | 3.14 | 3.13 | 3.12 | 3.11 | 3.10 | 3.9
This documentation is for the unreleased development version of jOOQ. Click on the above version links to get this documentation for a supported version of jOOQ.
Applies to ✅ Open Source Edition ✅ Express Edition ✅ Professional Edition ✅ Enterprise Edition
With jOOQ, most conditional expressions are built from column expressions, calling various methods on them. For instance, to build a comparison predicate, you can write the following expression:
TITLE = 'Animal Farm'
Create conditions from the DSL
There are a few types of conditions, that can only be created statically from the DSL. These are:
- Plain SQL conditions, that allow you to phrase your own SQL string conditional expression
- The EXISTS predicate, a standalone predicate that creates a conditional expression
- The UNIQUE predicate, another standalone predicate creating a conditional expression
- Constant TRUE and FALSE conditional expressions
- Converting a BOOLEAN column to a condition
Connect conditions using boolean operators
Conditions can also be connected using boolean operators as will be discussed in a subsequent chapter.
Do you have any feedback about this page? We'd love to hear it!